This is an ongoing series about the book Love Does by Bob Goff. I am exploring each chapter and sharing a few of my thoughts.
Chapter 9 – Just Say Yes
I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes.
“Just Say Yes” is the chapter that helped me clarify and write to my nephew 40/12 about becoming a pastor. It was in my heart, but Bob’s story helped me find the words to say what I wanted to say in “Letters to a Young Preacher”.
Bob says: “I think God sometimes uses the completely inexplicable events in our lives to point us toward Him. We get to decide each time whether we will lean in toward what is unfolding and say yes or back away.”
We have a choice. What do you choose: saying yes? or backing away?
- Live differently – Live as Love Does (theycallmekeeks.com)
- Inside “Love Does”: I’m With You (theycallmekeeks.com)
- Book Review: Bob Goff’s Love Does (theycallmekeeks.com)
- Failure is part of the process (theycallmekeeks.com)
- Inside “Love Does” (theycallmekeeks.com)