Where there is no vision, the people perish.
So what do I stand for? What is the vision God has placed over my life? As I ponder this, I realize I must outline those things in my life that make me who I am. So here is a list of my core values:
- Authenticity: I stand for being real. I don’t do fake or surface (that is so high school).
- Family: I absolutely am about family—even though it can involve times of sheer insanity.
- Trust: Trust is essential to exist in a fallen world. I must have trust in my God, my family, and friends.
- Attitude: Attitude is so much of who I am! Good attitudes are important, imperative during good and difficult times.
- Compassion: I try to be compassionate. I just try to understand, empathic with people. I want to be there and encourage them.
- Growth: I embrace growth–don’t always like it though. I would much rather identify a problem area and grow than have someone else point it out to me. I strive to be teachable (And I’m really working on this).
- Listening: I truly uphold the privilege and gift of listening. Everyone needs that–someone to listen them (actively listening not simply interjecting and trying to fix their situation)
- Passionate: I am passionate. I value the passion in others and can really relate to it. Pure passion brings joy to my life!